22 ways to win cash prizes with 150 boats!
Click on image to view Entry Booklet
- April 15 – Entry open, $400 for teams up to 6 members, $50.00 per additional crew.
- June 1 – Entry deadline for tournament without paying $50 late entry fee
- June 14 – Captain’s Briefing – 6:30 pm, registration begins at 5:00 pm at Spinners Café
- June 15 – Fishing begins 5:30 am, stop fishing is 4:00 pm
- June 15 – Unofficial Awards ceremony approximately 45 minutes after last fish is weighed.
To enter Online: Hit the “ENTER HERE” button above.
To enter by Mail: Complete the downloadable form (above) and then make a photo copy. Mail the original with check or money order to the address below. Keep the copy for your own records. Make checks payable to: Dolphin Excursions Hawaii, Inc. 44-145 Hako St. #1 Kaneohe, Hawaii 96744.
To enter by Phone: Call 808-239-5579. Have you entered previous Ahi Shootout tournaments? If so, we can pull up your past information for a quick and easy process.
Slips at the Waianae Boat Harbor
The Waianae Boat Harbor has been refurbished with rebuilt slips recently. At this time, slip availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis for vessels 35′ and under. All requirements per Hawaii Revised Statues and Hawaii Administrative Rules are in full effect. DOBOR is not waiving the vessel inspection requirement for temporary mooring permittees. Please contact them to lock in a slip for your use during the tournament.
This will make your morning on the day of the tournament go way smoother then dealing with the long launch line. We believe there are some 25+ slips available at this time.
If you’re interested, please call the State of Hawaii, Dept. of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation at 697-7085 or email [email protected] . The Waianae Harbor has a new Harbor Master who is normally in the office Monday – Friday.
Note: Insurance requirements for the State of Hawaii Harbors is $500,000.00 Liability minimum.
2019 Main Categories
- Largest Ahi of the Day – $11,000
- 2nd Largest Ahi of the Day – $6,000
- 3rd Largest Ahi of the Day – $4,000
- 4th Largest Ahi of the Day – $3,000
- 5th Largest Ahi of the Day – $2,500
- 6th Largest Ahi of the Day – $2,000
- 7th Largest Ahi of the Day – $1,800
- 8th Largest Ahi of the Day – $1,600
- 9th Largest Ahi of the Day – $1,500
- Largest Marlin of the Day – $3,000
- 2nd Largest Marlin of the Day – $2,000
- 3rd Largest Marlin of the Day – $1,500
- 4th Largest Marlin of the Day – $1,200
- Largest Mahi Mahi of the Day – $1,500
- 2nd Largest Mahi Mahi of the Day – $1,000
- Largest Ono of the Day – $1,500
- 2nd Largest Ono of the Day – $1,000
2019 Bonus Categories
- Clean Sweep of the Day – $1,200
- Largest Otaru Over 15 lb. of the Day – $1,000
- 3 Lucky Whitewash Drawings of the Day – $400 each
Clean sweep constitutes a qualifying Ahi, Marlin, Mahi, and Ono being weighed in.
Lucky whitewash drawing is for all boats that do not catch a fish, or pick up catch card. Winner chosen at random.
ADDITIONAL MERCHANDISE PRIZES: Team numbers will be selected at random and announced over the radio for a merchandise prize. It is your responsibility to pick up your prize at West Side Marine (Next to Spinners Cafe, AKA the dive shop) no later than 5:00 pm on July 7th.